These articles, messages, and links are provided to help Christians remain faithful to the Scripture in our actions, heart, and speech at a time when many evangelical leaders are abandoning clear biblical teaching. Or they are unjustifiably mixing biblical teaching with cultural Marxism, social justice, critical race theory, intersectionality, and terminology from Black Lives Matters (BLM), all of which are inferior to the biblical message and tacitly minimize the ungodly beliefs of BLM. In either case, the biblical perspective and the gospel is corrupted.
In their allegiances, they undermine Scripture by confusing such things as social justice with biblical justice, critical race theory’s definition of race and racism with Scripture’s teaching on race and racism, social justice’s evil privilege with biblical blessings, cultural Marxism’s white supremacy and guilt based on skin color and its ineffective repentance with God’s standard, which is that any sinful racial supremacy flows from the heart, but it can be forgiven and all guilt removed by repentance and faith.
Every attempt to speak about racism that does not pedestal “all are created in the image of God” (Gen 1:26–28) or adopts inferior cultural expressions undermines the clarity of the Christian message and the gospel.
The Error of Social Justice and Cultural Marxism in Light of Scripture
The four messages on cultural Marxism by Ronnie W. Rogers are part of a ten-part series entitled: In Defense of God’s Order and the Gospel. The first six messages address issues like feminism, the Me-Too movement, and homosexuality.
The four messages on Social Justice and Marxism are numbered 7, 8, 9, and 10, and can be found here:
- In Defense of God’s Order and the Gospel Message seven
- In Defense of God’s Order and the Gospel Message eight
- In Defense of God’s Order and the Gospel Message nine
- In Defense of God’s Order and the Gospel Message ten
Articles on cultural Marxism and social justice in light of Scripture can be found at ronniewrogers.com
- “What Does Critical Race Theory Mean to Me”
- “An All White Church Does Not a Racist Church Make”
- “An Insight into How Cultural Marxism and Social Justice Actually Work: The Death of George Floyd“
- “Trouble in the SBC: Some Helpful Links”
Articles to be posted
- “Biblical Justice Triumphs over Social Justice” to be posted on 6/15/20
- “Understanding the Terms of Cultural Marxism and Social Justice” to be posted soon
- Others will be posted in the coming weeks
The Statement on Social Justice, signed by over 12,000 Evangelical leaders, presents a unified stand for Scripture against cultural Marxism and social justice.
John MacArthur articles on social justice
John MacArthur messages on social justice—A four-part series
- Social Justice and the Gospel, part 1
- Social Justice and the Gospel, part 2
- Social Justice and the Gospel, part 3
- Social Justice and the Gospel, part 4
Voddie Baucham messages on social justice
Black Lives Matters promotes morals that contradict Christianity
- Two of the three co-founders are lesbians, Patrisse Khan-Cullors and Alicia Garza. The third, Opal Tometi, is heterosexual. https://blacklivesmatter.com/our-co-founders/
- Beliefs of Black Lives Matters (BLM) are antithetical to Christianity. They state the following on BLM’s homepage, https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/
- “We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.”
- “We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender [people who identify with the biological sex with which they were born] privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.”
- “We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.”
- “We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children.”
- “We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).”
- In her biographical sketch, Alicia Garza says, “In order to truly understand how devastating and widespread this type of violence is in Black America, we must view this epidemic through a lens of race, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.”
- See the article entitled “3 Reasons #BlackLivesMatter Is Incompatible with Biblical Christianity”
For a different perspective than liberal politicians and black leaders, read conservative black Intellectuals
- Walter Williams
- Thomas Sowell
- Robert L. Woodson Sr.
- Shelby Steele
- Larry Elder